Thursday, November 8, 2012

C4T Post # 3

Ali Handscomb

Why are some people moaners?

Well this article was written by Ali Handscomb on her blog called Leadership in Practice. Basically this post was directed towards people who are negative and complain often. Why do some people act like this? I have the slightest clue. I have a friend that acts this way and her attitude makes me miserable. I guess it is partly because as humans we most often like certainty rather than chaos. Some people are simply not made for working within a climate of constant change, whilst for others it is the breath of life. Ali could not have said it better because not everyone can handle changes in life. A life that would be easy for one person may overwhelm another person. I try to look at life by the rule "don't judge someone until you have walked in their shoes". That rule often helps me to not judge someone when they show a negative attitude.

My comment: I know people in my life that are completely negative about any situation. Positive atmospheres are always great to be in, but the reality is that we are all going to be put in negative situations at some point. I agree that it has everything to do with how we react to things rather than acting in a certain way. Why do people give up? That is a question I am not sure how to answer, because I have such a "go getter" type attitude. How someone can just give up on life, a class, a person, or anything is mind blowing to me. No matter what situation it all depends on the amount of effort that is put forth. As a future educator I have decided that I will make my students dig deep to strive for an A. I will not spoon feed a child, because they need the skills to work on their own and succeed. Students can not always have the answer right in front of them because that will cause students to fail in real life situations. I really enjoyed reading your blog post! Kayla Walker University of South Alabama EDM 310 Student

Transforming is not the same as saving money

This post was directed towards people such as JK Rowling, Steve Jobs, and Spielberg. Each of these people have their own unique stories, and are all well known for their accomplishments. I based my comment around this statement "To transform requires new thinking, the capacity to change and ultimately loss". I feel like each of these individuals to risks and chances in the decisions they made every day. Without taking risks one will never know the full potential that they have. I agree that transforming is not always for the goal of saving money.

My comment: Hi, My name is Kayla Walker, I am a student at the University of South Alabama in EDM 310. I enjoyed reading your blog post Transforming is not the same as saving money. I agree with you by reading about JK Rowling and Steve Jobs in particular the transformations in their life were definitely not cost cutting in a any way. By changing shape, appearance, and form that allowed each person to stand out in their own way. Without some sort of transformation they would have never flourished in their own way. To transform requires new thinking, the capacity to change and ultimately loss. This reminds me of artist that painted with such simple concepts. The reason they are famous is because they decided to call their idea art. That is a form of transformation in which led them to become famous artists. With change failure and loss will come, but success can also follow. Your blog post caused me to think a little bit which I appreciate. Kayla Walker

I would highly recommend that you check out Ali Handscomb's Blog

1 comment: