Sunday, November 18, 2012

Blog Post # 12

Blog post # 12 was assigned for the student to create their very own assignment. It can be anything you would have liked to have received as your first blog post. I plan on being an elementary teacher so I didn't really choose a specific subject to apply this assignment towards. I feel like at the beginning of EDM 310 I was a little confused at the main goal of the course. However, now it so clear to me and has changed my way of thinking. My assignment is similar to the video blog post Dr. Strange has assigned. I feel like this video is a great example for all new EDM 310 students because it is very straight forward and to the point. 
The instructions for Blog post # 1 1. Watch this video

2. Explain how you feel about this video and what does it mean to you. Do you think you can conform to this style of teaching as a 21st century educator? Give your opinion on how students can benefit from technology. Highlight and summarize the video.

3. Follow the guidelines Writing a Quality Blog Post

Blog Post # 1

I thoroughly enjoyed watching this video on New Brunswick Public Education. It is fantastic to see the door being closed to the old and outdated education students have received for years. The comparisons used in the video really hit home with me. I didn't realize how long ago it was when I did actually get up to change the TV channel. Or when was the last time you seen a payphone? Lets face it a long time ago right! I wonder what 21st century classrooms would look like if these changes all take place. If students have no textbooks then there will be no lockers. Will students have desk? Who knows because paper and pencils being obsolete may include other aspects of schools as well.

Everyone is constantly saying the world is changing around us, but this video really brought that concept into perception. For some reason I am probably like every other student walking into EDM 310 but I never dreamed of teaching in such a way. I thought pens and paper would be everywhere in my classroom. I don't mind learning more about 21st century teaching and all of the technology available. It is just very new and a lot to absorb at one time. I am curious about how to incorporate all students which come from all works of life into one technology savvy classroom. I love the flipped classroom idea but what if all of my students don't have a computer at home. I want to think that everyone does but the fact is that may not be the case. I want to be a 21st century educator thanks to this video and what it has taught me.

Lesson Planning

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kayla,

    This is a good assignment for edm310 students. I think that this class more than any other class at the college of education, helps us to think about what kind of teacher we need to be.
    Make sure you proofread your post before you publish.

    Stephen Akins

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kayla,

    I really enjoyed reading your post. I think your idea for this assignment was a good idea. I also enjoyed watching the video. It was creative. The video will help our students to think of benefits and need of technology. You have a few of miscues in grammar. Anyway, Good job! Keep up your work!

    Keiko Ito

    ReplyDelete