Sunday, November 11, 2012

C4K for October

Kids Blogging

October 1st
Briana-Cari a student in Ms. Dunlop's class was my assigned C4K for the week. She posted about how smart and nice Ms. Dunlop is as her teacher. Ms. Dunlop is always willing to help her and that is why she admires her.

My Comment: Briana-Cari, I’m very happy to see that you enjoy Ms. Dunlop being your teacher. I can remember my fourth grade teacher Ms. Kerley. I admired her enough to choose to become an elementary teacher as well. Keep up the great work on your blog. Kayla Walker 

October 11th
Annelise, a student in an online AP US Government course was my assigned C4K. She posted about AP Government ruling her daily thoughts. She spoke of how AP government has influenced her life through the class, news, and family's conversation. She explained about how she was interested in politics and how her family very opinionated. I think at any age opinions can be formed, and it is great for young adults to be interested in politics.

My Comment: Hi Annelise, I am a student in EDM 310 at the University of South Alabama. I am so thrilled to see that you are enjoying your online AP US Government course. It is wonderful to see that you are carrying your knowledge outside of the classroom. There are very few people in the younger generations that care about politics. Since your family is very broad on the political spectrum it allows you to see many styles and personalities. I’m sure! I really enjoyed reading your blog post, and keep up the good work! Kayla Walker

October 16th Jake K was my assigned child for C4K and he was such a joy to read and comment on his post. He wrote a paragraph of informative facts on Thomas Jefferson. All of his facts were on point and some I never knew. Did you know Thomas Jefferson hated to speak for a crowd? Well it's true. He left a link that led to more information on Mr. Jefferson our third president. I also really liked the image he added of Thomas Jefferson on a coin. He did a wonderful job!

My Comment: Hi Jake, I enjoyed reading your post about Thomas Jefferson. All of the facts that you mentioned were very informative. I had no clue that Thomas Jefferson did not like to speak in public that is very interesting. When I was in the fifth grade I had to learn a song to name all of the presidents in order. President Bush was our current president when I was in the fifth grade. Can you believe I still remember the song ? Also, the picture of Thomas Jefferson and the link contained a lot of good information. Keep up the good work Jake! Kayla Walker University of South Alabama EDM 310 student

October 25th I was assigned Loreli, which is a very smart and creative student. She created a slideshow video of the Rocky Mountains. I loved all of the animals that she incorporated from the mountains. The music she added on the slideshow was very appropriate and made me want to take a trip!

My Comment: Hi Loreli, I am so happy to have had the opportunity to read your blog. The slideshow you created was fantastic. The fact that you incorporated music was great, because it tied the slideshow and the images together. The images of the landscape of the Rocky Mountains and the animals were very informative. Have you ever been to the Rocky Mountains ? Kayla Walker University of South Alabama EDM 310 Student

1 comment: