Saturday, September 22, 2012

C4T # 1

C4T # 1

Comment #1

I was assigned to Tom Schimmer's blog to comment on his post. The first post I commented on was regarding to real strength. Tom Schimmer wanted his reader to think about what real strength meant to them. He mentioned many characteristics that he felt were all compliments of real strength. Being an individual that admits that they are wrong, and gives more credit than they take. Never allowing others to determine what’s possible for your life. Choosing happiness instead of waiting for it, and believing you can when others say you can’t. The list goes on and on, but these are all describing what real strength is in all of us. Real Strength is defined in each and every one of us, whether you have found it or not.

I commented on Tom Schimmer's post by saying I believe real strength is something that everyone has whether we realize it or not. Although, the wrong choice is what everyone else is doing, the right choice is where real strength lies. I also mentioned that my real strength personally was realizing I do have an opinion and a voice. I think that it takes real strength to go to college and push through the bad times in sight of moving towards a goal and not giving up! I thought in this post everyone was given a topic to think on, and it personally helped me to realize life isn't so bad. I may be up all night studying, but somewhere in this world there are people that would give anything to be in my shoes and be recieving an education. The fact that they get up every day and find their inner strength amazes me. We are all strong individuals that can do anything we set our minds too!

Teachers make all other Professions Possible


Comment # 2

I was given the opportunity to comment on another of Tom Schimmer's post. The post was titled "Don't be afraid to lead", and it entitled leadership and the importance of our leaders. He stresses how crucial it is to have effective leaders in our society. I truly believe in leaders having trust and credibility as two main components of their makeup. Peers must trust their leader and believe in what they are saying due to their credibility. The two go hand in hand in the fact that no one would care to listen to a person if they didn't have excellent credibility. The post was primarily stressing the importance of leaders stepping up and leading others.

In my opinion, I thoroughly enjoyed the post on leadership. I agree 100% that leadership does matter! I also think it is tremendously important that one has trust and credibility, because they are the two main components in being a successful leader. I also liked the quote “It does not matter how hard you climb the ladder of success if your ladder is up against the wrong wall.” by Stephen Covery. I think it means all the work you put into something is useless if you are doing it for the wrong reasons. When reading this post I did feel encouraged to stand up and start acting more as a leader, and to stop conforming.

No comments:

Post a Comment