Thursday, December 6, 2012

Project # 13


Throughout my journey in EDM 310, I have grown so much as a person and as a future educator. I can not express my joy and excitement for my future as a 21st century teacher. Without EDM 310 and Dr. Strange I would have never learned the tools that technology has to offer. Before this course I thought that I knew pretty much everything about the computer and what it has to offer. Wrong! I was so wrong this class made me realize everything that I didn't know, and the importance of staying in tune with technology and it's everyday changes. Each week in EDM 310 was a brand new adventure with each and every assignment.

 I am very proud of the achievements I have made in this class. My blog has actually turned out very well, and I thoroughly enjoyed commenting on my fellow classmates' blogs. Podcasting, blogging, book trailers, iMovie, and so much more was completely new to me and I feel very confident in using these tools in the near future. In my opinion EDM 310 should not only be for education majors, because the course is for the changes in the 21st century. I'm sure future educators are not the only people that will deal with changes due to technology. Before this class I would have laughed and thought why do I need to learn about technology in my future career? Dr. Strange's passion for technology in the classroom has opened my eyes to a new curriculum and style of teaching in my future classroom.

 I was very worried about the group projects that were assigned throughout the semester, because we were are all very busy with different schedules. Thanks to Email, Skype, Twitter, Facebook, and Google Docs we were able to all communicate very effectively on our assignments. The last Smartboard project # 15 threw me for a loop when I read that we were not to meet face to face before creating our video. I automatically texted my group member and decided that we would communicate back and forth through email. Without the tools I learned about in EDM 310 this project would have been impossible to complete.

 The image that I found below contains many informative facts that relate to communicating through technology.


Communicating through technology

No comments:

Post a Comment